With a nod and a tip of the hat to the storytelling king, Paul Harvey.
He passed away Feb. 28th, 2009, almost exactly 12 years ago. Growing up with Paul Harvey, I cherished listening to him on the radio. Those words always, always made me smile: “Now you have… the rest of the story.”
They still make me smile. I may borrow his old by-line. Like forever. It’s a classic and his show was one of my favorite shows. It’s a great way for me to personally acknowledge Mr. Paul Harvey. In fact, I can sense there’s another story here… I can just feel it! Know what I mean?
When he left his show, a replacement was found. Poor guy thought he got lucky. Bzzzzz! Wrong! He lasted 3 weeks and the show shut down forever. I would love to be able to listen to the many years of his show again.
As Monday morning awakens, let’s peel away the covers, open the blinds to let the warm sunshine in (yeah, I’m in Arizona), pour a coffee, and dive into “the rest of the story”, shall we?
- Donald Trump Jr.’s Defense Of Ted Cruz’s Cancun Trip Contained 1 Embarrassing Error — if anyone needed another reason, even if just ONE more reason, to consider this guy a complete knucklehead, a person of no consequence in the future of the world, our world, your world… any world… here ya go. Young DT (not what you get from chronic drinking … hmmm … though I could be wrong about that) referenced, no, lambasted, the Democratic Gov. of Texas for doing nothing during this disaster that hammered the state. Unfortunately for DT Jr., the Governor of Texas is a Republican. Wondering if DT Jr. also believes the snow in Texas is fake and part of a Bill Gates conspiracy. More on that later.
- Trump Reportedly Made A Bonkers Air Force One Offer To Kim Jong Un — Admittedly, I spit out some coffee upon seeing this. Let’s put this in perspective. Trump and family have multiple personal business interests and bank accounts in Communist China and Communist Russia, while the entire Trump family calls anyone not “with them”, communists and socialists. Now it comes to light he offered the Communist head of North Korea a ride home (I can hear the tune “come fly with me…” now) on Air Force One. This was AFTER Kim Jong Un told Trump to take a hike over North Korea’s missile program. Just asking for a friend here, but does anyone remember Ronald Reagan offering ANY Communist leader “a ride home” on Air Force One? Or any Republican or Democrat President offering free rides home to any Communist leaders? Didn’t think so. Yet Trump is the “leader” … the “TOP DOG” …the “Dude”… for Conservatives in America? Conservatives are in trouble. Sadly (or not) they haven’t figured this out yet. Another one for the “You can’t make this stuff up” file.
- Poll: A Shocking Number Of Republicans Would Join Donald Trump In Third Party — To continue the Conservative news for today from the “ride home” story, I’m thinking a good name for Trump’s new party might be “Conservatives for Communism”. Their tag line: “Free Rides for the Wealthy … and Communists”. The lesson in this for all those “conservative Republicans”… this is what happens when you let a narcissistic former Democrat of many years switch parties and take control of the humorously proclaimed “Conservative” wing of Republicans. William F Buckley Jr., Charles Krauthammer … even Ronald Reagan … pointing down from the clouds above and laughing hysterically. DT Jr., seeing a financial opportunity in this, will be selling his “Q” line of clothing for new party members.
- Dominion has sued MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell over his election fraud claims. The voting machine company is seeking more than $1.3 billion in damages. — Following is a free service from myself to you, the reader. Buy your pillows now, and sell your investments in MyPillow. The “MyPillow Guy” is done. Toast. Here is a name that will only be found on game shows years from now… Mike Lindell. Unless Trump makes him his running mate. Seriously, this guy’s goose is cooked. And just like “the Donald” has… say “buh-buy Mike”. Trump won’t let this guy near him now. 1) Aren’t politics in this country humorous? 2) What are the odds the “MyPillow guy” is allowed to have his very own MyPillow in prison? Not good I’m guessing. 3) Has he hired Rudi as his attorney? Questions, questions, questions all the little conservative kiddies want to know.
- Fake snow? Conspiracy theory claims Texas weather ‘government-generated’- *Warning … to all Trump conservatives… these are the voters you are destroying your political futures, and the future of the Republican Party over. Seriously. Quote from one such voter on social media: “This goes out to our government and Bill Gates. Thank you Bill Gates for trying to f***ing trick us that this is real snow.” How did Bill Gates get included in her failed attempt to think? Let me stress this point… These are the voters Trump Republicans are fighting for… QAnon … fake snow… fake elections… fake news. Anyone see a pattern here? Need a laugh with your coffee? Or an explanation of “fake snow” for the under-educated Trump supporter? Here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fake-snow-conspiracy-theory-claims-151311284.html
- ‘I’m 73 and fed up with California and want a gun-friendly, affordable city with good weather — so where should I retire?’- Like others from California who ask, I personally recommend the Texas (Panhandle?) to this person and all others… “gun-friendly and the snow is fake”. While I say this jokingly, I did break down once some 20+ years ago near Adrian, TX. on a Sunday afternoon. There was a repair shop, a diner, and a 6 room cinder-block motel built possibly in the ’30s. It was cold, windy, and snowing. Desolate begins the description well. Out front of the motel was an old sign proclaiming “Route 66”. The road itself unpaved for decades and gravely. Across the street an old building, maybe an old grocery store, looking like a remnant from WWII…bombed-out, no windows, and falling down. But the friendliest and most helpful people I have ever met. No parts but these guys did some “hillbilly magic” and re-worked some things to get us back to AZ. Very cool people.
- Navy Veteran Dies After Police Allegedly Kneel on His Neck During Mental Health Crisis — Due to a head injury, this Navy vet had mental health issues and would become agitated. I find no humor here, just a sad truth in our society. Family calls 911 for help, police arrive. Despite him being calm, he’s restrained. Pinned to the ground with a knee to his neck, he pleads “Please don’t kill me” … and then he loses consciousness, blood coming from his mouth. He dies. How many more people die at the hands of the police before this issue is fixed. It’s not a hard fix. 1) hire cops who are vetted and educated beyond the 12th grade 2) make mental health professionals available 24/7 to assist these cops (it’s not always their fault, and 3) get rid of police unions who protect the dimwits who are cops and shouldn’t be. I find it interesting that here in AZ., a so-called “right-to-work state” where unions are allegedly hated… cops and teachers have unions. Makes you wonder why, doesn’t it?
So that’s it! Now you have the “Rest of the Story”. Now here’s a self-serving plug for myself. I write about many topics, including people, places, and all sorts of things! I also have a professional background and experience as a proof-reader. Need something written about your business, town, anything? I’ll be pleased to provide your “rest of the story” as well.