… And yes, these are actual headlines, deemed as news events by various media today. Every day, the news simply leaves me shaking my head… or sometimes with my head in my hands, crying. Dependent upon the news, these could be tears of sadness or tears from laughing uncontrollably. Or both. Anyway… now here’s the rest of the story.
- Lindsey Graham’s Big ‘Magic’ Myth About Donald Trump — “There’s something about Trump. There’s a dark side and there’s some magic there. What I’m trying to do is just harness the magic,” Graham told Axios’, Jonathan Swan. Somehow, I have trouble connecting the dots between “grifter” and “magical”. Though making money disappear from the wallets of people for a non-existent “Defense Fund” or to fight “Rinos” in the Republican Party is pretty slick.
- De Blasio: Cuomo Scandals Are ‘Disgusting,’ He ‘Can No Longer Serve as Governor’ — Having spent time personally working for the NY State Legislature and in government there, I can attest 100% that politicians in NYC detest everyone else in the State. That works both ways. I can also assure you, Di Blasio sees an opening to run for Governor. Cuomo has given De Blasio an opening, and we now have a war going on in NYS. What’s interesting here for ALL Americans is this: a) we get to watch the Republican Party implode in Washington and b) we get to watch the Democratic Party implode in NYS! How awesome is this? Kinda like being really wealthy, going to your country club, witnessing a brawl in the bar, and trying to find someone to blame it on. Wait, I just described Congress.
- Stacey Dash Apologizes for Controversial Political Takes: ‘That’s Not Who Stacey Is Now’ — So says Stacy “insisting she regrets the role she played while working at Fox News”. Role? She was acting? Go figure. Now, this just can’t be made up… that show she was a “star” in … was ‘Clueless’. Seriously. But she is now a new Stacy and has given up on politics entirely. She blames who she used to be (while employed at Fox) on being “from the hood” and that people from the hood are all conservatives because … (if you are drinking, put down your drink) they have to know how to hustle, how to make money. THAT is today’s version of a Conservative? Good to know. Helps to make sense of the past 4+ years, doesn’t it? So was Trump from “the hood”? Asking for a friend.
- Senate votes to bypass deadlocked committee on Biden’s nominee for health secretary- With Republicans upset about Biden’s nominee being a lawyer and having little to no experience in medicine, it should be noted the prior HHS, Azar, was a (drum roll) lawyer, a lobbyist for Eli Lilly, and former President of the U.S. division of Eli Lilly and Company, and a member of the Board of Directors of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, a large pharmaceutical trade association. Heartwarming to see all these wealthy corporate executives nominated for Fed. government positions year after year, no matter who the President or Party. Welcome to “The Swamp”. Some things just never change.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene delays COVID stimulus vote, annoys Republicans- This just gets too easy at times. Let’s kill 3 birds with one shot here. She is not only finally pissing off her fellow Republicans, but she has also attacked funding for Guam, a foreign country, as going against her morals and ethics as a “normal American”. Three comments: a) why did it take this long to piss off her fellow Republicans? b) Guam is American (evidently no one in Congress told her this) but then, it IS Ms. Greene, so there’s that and c) Ms. Greene may possibly be the only person in America who thinks she is “normal”.
- Western states chart diverging paths as water shortages loom — This is actually quite serious, not humorous. But the 7 western states kinda like to hide this fact (that we are running out of water). Yes, running out. And Utah now wants their fair share, “come hell or high water” (yes, that’s a joke). They want to run a 150-mile pipeline to divert more water to themselves. Currently, the Colorado River and Lake Mead provide water to 7 states and Mexico and to over 50,000,000 people. Think about that when you move to Arizona (or the Southwest) and decide you need all that grass. Also, ask yourself why California is taking conservation measures, unlike say… Arizona where I live.
That white line you see above? It’s a water line, where water used to be. That should scare the hell out of people.
Now you have the rest of the story, March 11, 2021.