“Some things that make you spit your drink out…” me
Who said this: “Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.”
Among other things, I enjoy good humor, so I have decided to provide some humor here on occasion. I may even do these with a 1–2 minute video.
Why? For one reason… I want y’all to know me, and to know I appreciate the use of words to make people laugh. That is how I like to write.
I do this with my writing because laughter, like music, is universal. I have found the occasional one-liner or play on words in a story helps to keep people interested in what they’re reading.
So here we go…
Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain —
“Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.”
- It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
- If we would learn what the human race really is at the bottom, we need only observe it in election times.
- Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
- Repartee is something we think of twenty-four hours too late.
- Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
- All generalizations are false, including this one.
- When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.
- Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.